Our Discord Server
Our Discord server is available at: go.meridiangrp.co.uk/discord.
Discord is managed by the Community Managers. These roles are currently held by:
- Nathaniel C (Lead Community Manager)
Rules last updated: 30th December 2019
MeridianGroup is an LGBTQ+ friendly community that is accepting of all users (above the ages of 13). The rules stated here are to be enforced by all MeridianGroup staff for the protection and safety of all members of the Discord Community, to keep everyone as safe and satisfied as possible. If there is anyone breaking these rules, please mention or DM a staff member immediately so we can help you as soon as we can.
Certain exceptions to these rules can be made if permitted by either:
- The Owner/Founder
- A Community Manager
§0 The Rules of the Rules
- 0.1 New rules don't affect already existing posts. (Exceptions apply)
- 0.2 Current bans or warnings aren't affected if rules are changed/removed.
- 0.3 Staff aren't exempt to any of these rules. (Exceptions apply)
- 0.4 Users must report users to Staff if they know a rule is being broken.
- 0.5 Staff can warn and kick users if a user is causing another user significant and measurable distress.
§1 Profile and Nickname Rules
- 1.1 No blank or invisible nicknames.
- 1.2 No inappropriate, offensive or sexually suggestive nicknames.
- 1.3 No nicknames with unusual or unreadable Unicode.
- 1.4 No blank, inappropriate, sexually explicit or offensive profile pictures.
- 1.5 Staff reserve the right to change any user's nicknames.
- 1.6 Staff reserve the right to use their own discretion in line with the rules.
- 1.7 No exploiting loopholes in these rules (please report them).
- 1.8 No exploits, glitches, hacks or bugs. (unless explicitly permitted to do so.)
- 1.9 Duplicate accounts are not allowed, within reason.
§2 Text Chat Rules
- 2.1 Don't spam @everyone or @here.
- 2.2 Don't spam @mentions of anyone.
- 2.3 No NSFW, sexually explicit or pornographic content in channels not marked as such.
- 2.4 No illegal content, including piracy of any sort.
- 2.5 No publishing of personal information (addresses, emails, passwords or bank information).
- 2.6 No personal attacks or remarks that include harassment.
- 2.7 No sexism, racism, homophobia or transphobia, including dead-naming and slurs.
- 2.8 No discussion of any religion.
- 2.9 No discussion of a sexual nature in channels not marked as NSFW.
- 2.10 No trolling, spamming or harassment.
- 2.11 No walls of text (either in separate posts or as a single post).
- 2.12 Keep conversations in English most of the time please.
- 2.13 Staff reserve the right to delete or pin any post at any time.
- 2.14 No personal advertisement of any form except social media links for personal (not business, charity or for-profit) pages in the #promote-yourself channel.
- 2.15 No commercial advertisement of any form, including for a business, charity and any other for-profit group.
- 2.16 No advertising or links to other communities, Discord or otherwise.
- 2.17 Keep on topic of the channel and read its description carefully.
- 2.18 Link previews are also subject to these rules. Test your links first.
- 2.19 Selling or buying from anyone else must be done in DMs.
- 2.20 Listings of items for sale are to be put in #promote-yourself.
- 2.21 Impersonating other users is prohibited.
- 2.22 Any MLMs, Sponsorships, Discount Codes or gifts which benefit a user of the server in any way (monetary or otherwise) are not permitted without explicit prior permission from the Community Manager.
§3 Voice Chat Rules
- 3.1 No repetitive channel changing.
- 3.2 No annoying, loud or high pitch noises.
- 3.3 Reduce the amount of background noise, wherever possible.
- 3.4 Staff reserve the right to disconnect you from a voice channel if your sound is of unacceptable quality.
- 3.5 Staff reserve the right to disconnect, mute, deafen, or move members to and from voice channels.
§4 Bot Specific Rules
- 4.1 Send commands to bots only in the #music-bot channel.
- 4.2 No command spam.
- 4.3 Bot management is for staff only.
§5 NSFW Channel Rules
- 5.1 All NSFW content must be legal under UK legislation.
- 5.2 No gore or excessive blood or bodily fluids, including those of animals.
- 5.3 No direct pornography. Pornographic memes at most.
- 5.4 All NSFW content must stay in the NSFW channels only.
- 5.5 No linking to content that is NSFW in non-NSFW channels.
§6 Harassment and Bullying
- 6.1 Harassment of any kind will be warned. Ignoring a warning is a ban.
- 6.2 The Police will be called if deemed necessary by Staff members.
- 6.3 Constantly bringing up past or present issues, personal or socio-political, to chat is not allowed.
- 6.4 No personal or hateful issues in #general. Keep it to DMs.
- 6.5 Comments or remarks referencing people in a provocative way is not allowed.
§7 Warnings and Punishment
- 7.1 Any issues that are seen as not serious will result in 1 warning, then a ban of 7 days.
- 7.2 Any issues that are seen as deliberately breaking these rules is a 7 day ban, then a permanent ban.
- 7.3 Breaking 2 or more rules simultaneously will result in a 7 day ban, or permanent ban.
- 7.4 Avoiding a ban in any way results in a permanent ban on all of the accounts used to avoid it.
- 7.5 Relaying information from banned members into Meridian again is a warning, then a ban.
- 7.6 Staff can decide how long they deem a ban to be appropriate, and can increase or reduce bans as they wish.
- 7.7 Breaking the law will result in police action and a permanent ban.
- 7.7 Any previous roles are not returned after returning from a ban.
- 7.8 There is a 30 day cooldown period between warnings and 7 day bans.
- 7.9 Being warned three times within 30 days is a 7 day ban.
- 7.10 Being banned a second time before the cooldown period is a permanent ban.
- 7.11 All ban appeals must be filed at the ban appeal form.